Abstract Submission Guidelines
Online Participant Registration
Abstract Submission is now closed
Please read the below guidelines carefully prior to your abstract submission.
General & Deadlines
- Abstracts MUST be submitted via the online submission system by the given deadline of February 18, 2019
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the Symposia Conveners and will be selected for oral or poster presentations. The preference for oral/poster presentation may be indicated while submitting the abstract.
- Abstracts can be amended any time until the deadline of February 18, 2019 through the abstract submission system.
- Abstracts received after the deadline cannot be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the program or publication.
- It is commonly understood that Authors of accepted papers have the financial resources to pay all personal expenses incurred including assembly registration, production of their presentation, travel and accommodation during the Conference.
The exceptions are the IUGG travel grant awardees, who will get a partial financial support to attend the IUGG General Assembly (IUGG GRANT APPLICATION will be published by 1st November, 2018).
- Each submitter and the presenting author will be notified about the abstract acceptance/rejection via e-mail, by March 30, 2019.
- A confirmation of acceptance notification and a paid-up abstract submission administrative fee will be required in order to have the abstract published in the 27th General Assembly Abstract Book. Should the author not follow either of these, the organizer reserves the right not to include the author’s work in the Abstract book.
Abstract Submission Administrative Fee
- An administrative fee of 35 € will be required per each abstract submission.
- The abstract submission fee is a nonrefundable processing fee, and not based on approval of your abstract submission or attendance at the 27th General Assembly. Refunds will not be issued for abstracts that are withdrawn.
- Any amendments within your abstract can be done free of charge using the online submission system until the Abstract Submission Deadline. After this deadline, edits cannot be made.
- The only method of payment accepted for the abstract submission administrative fee is by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) in the abstract submission system. Bank transfers and other methods cannot be accommodated.
- VAT (Applies to European institutions only): If your institution will be reimbursing or paying your registration fee, please select to have the VAT included on your invoice when you complete your registration.
- The abstract submission fee does not register you for the General Assembly, separate registration fees apply. All presenters must register in order to attend the General Assembly. Registration can be accessed here.
- When submitting your abstract, consider and choose first the category and the specific symposium, which you wish to have your abstract allocated in (please refer to the list of categories & symposia). Note that the symposia conveners reserve the right to decide on the final assignment upon the abstract evaluation.
IMPORTANT: Union symposia are based on solicited talks. If you submit your paper to Union symposia, the contribution can be ONLY presented as a poster.
- Submitter must clearly indicate the presenting author and can include up to 15 co-authors or eventually a group of authors (et al., or team name).
- An abstract should contain maximum of 250 words. The system shows how many words are left to the limit.
- Titles should consist of no more than 20 words and a “First letter capitalized” format should be used
(eg. My Abstract for the 27th IUGG General Assembly will be Presented in Montreal)
- All abstracts must be written in English or in French.
- You can choose from the following presentation types: oral, poster or no preference. In case of no preference the convener will decide on the final presentation type for you.
Disclosure of Interest
The intent is to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content free of commercial influence or bias. We ask all presenters to co-operate in this by:
- declaring any potential conflict of interest on a disclosure section of the abstract submission
- do not include company names
Should you have difficulties in submitting your abstracts or you need further information, please contact the IUGG 2019 Scientific Program Secretariat at email@example.com or by phone at +420 261 174 312.